Home  
Freitag, 17. Mai 2024
Austro Classic Diskussionsforum
Willkommen, Gast
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren.    Passwort vergessen?
Is Abingdon ashamed of its heritage? (1 Leser) (1) Gast
Hier freuen wir uns über eure Ergüsse und natürlich auch über eure Anregungen - können nicht genug sein. Verkappte Inserate schmeissen wir rücksichtslos raus - die finden ihren Platz - richtig geraten! - in der "Schatztruhe", und dort gehören Sie auch hin, dort werden Sie auch gesucht.

Text und Fotos der Anzeigen bitte schriftlich bis Druckunterlagenschluss an die Redaktion, 3400 KIERLING, Lenaugasse 10, per Fax: +43(0)2243/87 837 oder per Email. Auch gewerbliche Einschaltungen sind möglich, rufen Sie uns bitte unter +43(0)2243/87 476 oder +43(0)664/120 21 64 für weitere Informationen bezüglich Werbekooperationen an.

!!! Aus Sicherheitsgründen sind derzeit keine Beiträge von nicht-registrierten Benutzern zugelassen. Wir bitten um Verständnis !!!

Zum Ende gehen Neues Thema Beliebt: 0
THEMA: Is Abingdon ashamed of its heritage?
Chris ()
Hier klicken, um das Profil dieses Benutzers zu sehen
Geburtstag:
Is Abingdon ashamed of its heritage? vor 17 Jahren, 5 Monaten  
To the Mayor and Town Council of Abingdon, Oxfordshire UK Dear Madam and Sir, One month ago I had the pleasure to personally collect an historical MG car, which I had bought from a company near Abingdon and of course I wanted to seize the opportunity to visit the place where MGs were produced for most of this important car manufacturers history. I was shocked to see that not only no trace of the factory or its buildings were left (except a small notice commemorating MG at the entry to the business park and the office building of Cecil Kimber, which has been "restored" out of recognition). Further no trace could be found of MG in the cities museum which contains lots about Celts and Romans but nothing about MG. This visit left me very surprised and angry at the Town of Abingdons unwilligness or inability to further the MG heritage and I got the impression that Abingdon was maybe ashamed of its ties to this marque. I am ccing this open letter to the British MG Clubs, to the Austrian MGOC of whom I am a member and to the Austrian Oldtimer Magazine "Austro Classic". I am aware of the fact that the MG heritage is painstakingly cultivated in other areas of Great Britain and overseas, but I would expect a leading role in this activity from the Town which once was the home of one of the worlds most important sports car manufacturers. Best regards Dipl.Ing. Christoph Gudenus Rotenmuehlgasse 40/4 1120 Wien Austria

Moderator informieren   Gespeichert Gespeichert  
  Kein öffentlicher Schreibzugriff erlaubt, bitte erst registrieren!
      Themen Autor Datum
    thread link
Is Abingdon ashamed of its heritage?
Chris 22.12.2006 09:05
    thread link
thread linkthread link May be ?
non-native speaker 26.12.2006 19:49
Zum Anfang gehen Neues Thema